This is how our family refers to our small backyard vegetable garden. In just 500 sq.ft. (20′ x 25′), we enjoy a wealth of fresh vegetables up to eight months of the year.
Working in the garden is also a shared experience for the family, and instills in children an understanding of the natural cycles of growth which provide lessons of lifelong value.
Consider the benefits of growing your own vegetables at home:
- lowers the cost of providing your family with healthy, organic vegetables
- reduces the environmental impact of transporting and warehousing food
- makes your meals more personal, interesting
- connects your family to the natural cycles of weather, growth and renewal
- provides wholesome activity and lasting memories for your children